Saturday, February 14, 2009

Savannah turns 4!

























































































































Where has the time gone? It's so hard to wrap my head around the fact that my baby girl is turning 4 in the morning! At this very moment 4 years ago I was at the hospital with Jared waiting to find out if they were going to let me stay or send me home. Savannah was born at 3:13 am on tuesday Feb. 15th, 2005. She was 3 weeks early and weighed a whopping 8lbs 9oz and was 20 1/2 inches long. She was such a beautiful baby and has grown more beautiful with each passing day! She is now 34lbs and almost as tall as Logan. Her pride and joy is her hair which is now so long it comes to her bottom.

She has grown out of her puppy phase, and her tomboy phase for the most part! Since Charlotte came home she has been such a little mommy. She loves her sister and sings to her constantly. Savannah has come to enjoy dress up, barbies, and now carries around a purse everywhere we go. She has had some recent progress in potty training, and I am hopeful she will be trained by the end of the month. She is loving her new bike and looks like such a big girl riding it with the boys (Gerrit and Logan) down the cow run.
Savannah still has quite the attitude! Some of the things that come out of her mouth just crack me up. I never know where she hears these things, she loves to tell me "easy does it", "that's what i'm talking about", and "but I said.....". She still pretty much think she can do whatever she wants. She is so much like Jared in the fact that she doesn't really let things get to her. She has his "It's all good" attitude at times. In some ways it's great. She almost never tattles on Logan cuz she doesn't care. And she can often go with the flow in play group or out running errands with me. However, I think it has a lot to do with her late potty training and she doesn't do time out or clean your room. When we tell her to clean up she just climbs in bed a takes a nap. She even goes to sleep in the time out chair.

I could go on and on about my princess! I feel so blessed to have Savannah in our lives and love being her Mommy!

No comments: